Friday, July 23, 2010

Pre-op and sleep study...

Yesterday I went for my pre-op and internists appointment and found out that they needed me to do a sleep study. I looked at them and said that’s nice, but I leave for my vacation on Saturday and when I get back, I’ll be having my surgery. That left them two nights to squeeze me into an appointment and guess what…they did…last night. It was the single worst experience of my life and I hope I never have to do one again. It felt like torture. I was soooo tired, yet I couldn’t get comfortable and fall asleep because of all the crap attached to me and when I finally did fall asleep they work me up 3 hours later, because it was time to go home…at 5:30 in the morning. Needless to say, with my lack of sleep, pending vacation, followed by my surgery I have not been too productive at work today. If I had been given advance warning regarding the sleep study I probably would have taken the day off, but less then 12 hours notice, didn’t give me much time to plan and research what I was in for.

On another note, the rest of my day yesterday, getting poked and prodded went well. It confirmed my suspension that I am in fact healthy and just over-weight. I’m glad I’ve made this decision though, because as I was giving my family history of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol, I realized that it’s only a matter of time before I fall into those categorize too, if I don’t do something now.

No comments: